10.24.2011

Wait for the Lord

(A children sermon)
Do you like music?
Do you like singing?
Do you have a favorite song that you love to sing along with?
I have a song that changed my life.

I am going to sing that song for you.
I don’t practically like to sing a song in front of many people.
But I am going to do it because I want to explain something.

Over the years, this song helps me slow down and wait for Christ.
I don’t know how many times I sang this song.
I used to sing this song, many times a day.
I sing this song when I want Christ to lead and guide me.
I sing this song so that I can calm down.
Usually, then I am ready to listen to God’s peaceful and loving voice.
Then I tend to have creative ideas.
I tend to make a good decision.
During this time, God reminds me of something, too.

So, I want to share this song with you.
It is called “Wait for the Lord.”
This song is really short. It says, “Wait for the Lord, whose day is near. Wait for the Lord. Keep watch, take heart.”

I will sing it and be silent for awhile. And try to hear what God is saying to me.
(I hope you can sing along with me, if you can.)

(After singing)

I hope that you also find some good songs that help you to calm you down and listen to God’s good voice. Find those songs and sing along for awhile, whenever you want to listen to God. OK?

Let us pray: Christ, thank you for listening to us. Thank for guiding us. In your name we pray. Amen.



Reading: Isaiah 30:15–18


Note:
Sometimes you feel like your mind wants to think about something.
When that comes, your mind runs like this.
You cannot focus on something.
Then give it a time.
Sit with it.
Let your mind run and go wherever it may want to go.

After this exercise, you may have a good and better idea.
It may be that God wants to think through you.
Or it may be that God wants to say something to you.

As for me, I don’t think I would have learned a lot of things that I have learned today, if I didn’t give my mind a time to think and discover.

Sometimes, I just turn on some music that really speaks to me.
Then I tend to think well and get inspired.
Sometimes, it is not even Christian music per se.