6.22.2010

Praise & Worship

Praise & Worship

Lord, Be Glorified:

In my life, Lord, be glorified, be glorified.
In my life, Lord, be glorified today.

Wait for the Lord:

Wait for the Lord, whose day is near. Wait for the Lord. Keep watch, take heart.

Stay with me:

Stay with me, remain here with me. Watch and pray. Watch and pray.

Gospel Reading: Matthew 7: 7-8

Jesus says: Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.
For everyone who asks receives, and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

Silent Prayer

Intercessory Prayer

"Holy Spirit come to us"
“Eternal God, you have freed us by giving us your only Son. You open for us the way of freedom.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"
“God, you want us to become new creatures in Christ. Keep us in the communion of your Son. Keep us alert as we wait for the day of his coming.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"
“Christ, your spirit of life dwells within every human being. May the Spirit enable us to tear down walls of mistrust and of fear, Lord, we pray.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"
“Give us your peace, so that we can communicate it to one another in mutual love, and serve the human family.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"
“Christ, you have taken our weaknesses upon yourself and taken charge of our illnesses. Support those who are going through trials, Lord, we pray.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"
“For those who work with the oppressed, with foreigners and with the lonely, Lord, we pray.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"
“We entrust to you our families and friends, all who have asked for our prayers and who pray for us, whom we name before you now, (please speak out the names at this time.) Lord, we pray…”
"Holy Spirit come to us"

You are able more than able:

You are able more than able to accomplish what concerns me today.
You are able more than able to handle anything that comes my way.
You are able more than able to do much more than I could ever dream.
You are able more than able to make me what you want me to be.

Eat this bread:
Eat this bread, drink this cup, come to him and never be hungry.
Eat this bread, drink this cup, trust in him and you will not thirst.
Jesus Christ, bread of life, those who come to you will not hungry.
Jesus Christ, Risen Lord, those who trust in you will not thirst.

Closing Prayer:

Breath of Christ’s loving Holy Spirit, in the depths of our soul you set faith. It is like a burst of trusting repeated countless times in the course of our life. It can only be a simple act of trust, so simple that all can welcome it. (A prayer from Taizé)

In the Lord:

In the Lord, I’ll be ever thankful. In the Lord, I’ll rejoice.
Look to God, do not be afraid.
Lift up your voices, the Lord is near.
Lift up your voices, the Lord is near.

Taizé songs: © Ateliers et Presses de Taizé (A&PT), Communauté de Taizé, 71250 Taizé, France. GIA is the exclusive North American Distributor for the Taizé Community.


Note:
Other possible songs:
Seek Ye First:
The kingdom of God:
Take My Life

Jesus, Lover Of My Soul
Lord Jesus Christ:
Lord Jesus Christ, your light shines within us. Let not my doubts not my darkness speak to me. Lord Jesus Christ, your light shines within us. Let my heart always welcome your love.

In God alone:
In God alone my soul can find rest and peace, in God my peace and joy.
Only in God my soul can find its rest, find its rest and peace.

Hymn #140 “Holy, Holy”
Holy, holy, holy, holy. Holy, holy, Lord God almighty.
And we lift our hearts before You as a token of our love. Holy, holy, holy.

I Sing Praises to Your Name
I sing praises to your name, O Lord, praises to your name, O Lord.
For your name is great and greatly to be praised.


Let Your Servant:
Let your servant now go in peace, O Lord, now go in peace according to your word.

Make Me A Servant

Emmanuel