6.23.2010

Praise & Worship

Tuesday Worship

O Lord, Your tenderness:

O Lord, Your tenderness, melting all my bitterness.
O Lord, I receive Your love.
O Lord, Your loveliness, changing my unworthiness.
O Lord, I receive Your love.

Lord, Be Glorified:

In my life, Lord, be glorified, be glorified.
In my life, Lord, be glorified today.

Eat this bread:

Jesus Christ, bread of life, those who come to you will not hungry.
Jesus Christ, Risen Lord, those who trust in you will not thirst.

Gospel reading: Matthew 7: 7-8
Jesus says: Do not let your hearts be troubled. Believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling-places. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, so that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way to the place where I am going. (NRSV)

Silent Prayer

Stay with me:
Stay with me, remain here with me. Watch and pray. Watch and pray.

Intercessory Prayer
"Holy Spirit come to us"
“Eternal God, you have freed us by giving us your only Son. You open for us the way of freedom.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"
“God, you want us to become new creatures in Christ. Keep us in the communion of your Son. Keep us alert as we wait for the day of his coming.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"

“Christ, your spirit of life dwells within every human being. May the Spirit enable us to tear down walls of mistrust and of fear, Lord, we pray.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"

“Give us your peace, so that we can communicate it to one another in mutual love, and serve the human family.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"

“Christ, you have taken our weaknesses upon yourself and taken charge of our illnesses. Support those who are going through trials, Lord, we pray.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"

“For those who work with the oppressed, with foreigners and with the lonely, Lord, we pray.”
"Holy Spirit come to us"

“We entrust to you our families and friends, all who have asked for our prayers and who pray for us, whom we name before you now, (please speak out the names at this time.) Lord, we pray…”
"Holy Spirit come to us"

You are able more than able:

You are able more than able to accomplish what concerns me today.
You are able more than able to handle anything that comes my way.
You are able more than able to do much more than I could ever dream.
You are able more than able to make me what you want me to be.

Closing Prayer:
“Christ Jesus, when we think we are alone, you are there. If there seems to be doubt within us, that does not make you love us any the less. We would like to be daring enough to take risks on account of you, Christ. So we pay attention to your words: Whoever gives his or her life for love of me will find it.” (A prayer from Taizé)

In the Lord:

In the Lord, I’ll be ever thankful.
In the Lord, I’ll rejoice.
Look to God, do not be afraid.
Lift up your voices, the Lord is near.
Lift up your voices, the Lord is near.

You are invited to depart in silence or remain to pray.

Taizé songs: © Ateliers et Presses de Taizé (A&PT), Communauté de Taizé, 71250 Taizé, France. GIA is the exclusive North American Distributor for the Taizé Community. “O Lord, Your tenderness” © 1986 Kingsway’s Thankyou Music


Note:
Other possible songs:
Seek Ye First:
The kingdom of God:
Take My Life
Jesus, Lover Of My Soul
Change my heart oh God

Lord Jesus Christ:
Lord Jesus Christ, your light shines within us. Let not my doubts not my darkness speak to me. Lord Jesus Christ, your light shines within us. Let my heart always welcome your love.

Let Your Servant:
Let your servant now go in peace, O Lord, now go in peace according to your word.

Hymn #140 “Holy, Holy”
Holy, holy, holy, holy. Holy, holy, Lord God almighty.
And we lift our hearts before You as a token of our love. Holy, holy, holy.

I Sing Praises to Your Name
I sing praises to your name, O Lord, praises to your name, O Lord.
For your name is great and greatly to be praised.

Con Que Pagaremos amor tan inmeso, que diste Tu vida por el pecador?
En cambio recibes la ofrenda humilde, la ofrenda humilde, Senor Jesucristo, De mi corazon.

(Translation: How can we repay so great a love, that you gave Your life for the sinner?
In exchange, receive this humble offering, this humble offering, Lord Jesus Christ, from my heart.)

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You. There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best, You're my joy, my righteousness;
And I love You, Lord. And I love You, Lord.

You are my hiding place,
You always fill my heart with songs of deliverance.
Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.

Reading: Philippians 2: 5-11
Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus,
who, though he was in the form of God,
did not regard equality with God
as something to be exploited,
but emptied himself,
taking the form of a slave,
being born in human likeness.
And being found in human form,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to the point of death—
even death on a cross.

Therefore God also highly exalted him
and gave him the name
that is above every name,
so that at the name of Jesus
every knee should bend,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue should confess
that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.