6.22.2014

Matthew 22:1–14 (2)

ppt
What makes God happy
Reading: Matthew 22:1–14 (2)

(3) This is not a true story.
Once upon a time there were farmers and their animals.
(2) Then one day, these farmers called all the animals to come and have a party with them.

(3) But only the little puppy ran wagging his tail.
This puppy was like:
"You want to have a party?
Yeeha!"
Then these farmers reached down and picked him up.
Then the puppy dog licked their faces.

(3) Then the farmers asked to the puppy dog:
“Where are all the others?”
(3) The puppy dog didn’t know.

So the farmers asked the puppy dog to go and call all the others, to have a party with them.
So, the puppy dog ran and called all the others.

First, he went to the cow.
(2) But the cow would say:
“I want to produce more milk today.
You know they drink my milk every day.
So, I am busy.
Go away.”

Then the puppy dog went to the sheep.
(2) Then the sheep would say:
“I am trying to make my wools better today so that I could provide better wools.
You know the farmers make their sweaters out of my wools.
And during winter, you wear it every day.
You saw it, right?
So, I am busy. Go away.”

The puppy dog went to other dogs: other big dogs.
(3) Then these dogs would say:
“I want to take care of the sheep today.
I want to do this for the farmers.
So, you see I am busy.
Go away.”

The puppy dog went to the cat.
(3) Then the cat would say:
“I want to remove some mice from their house today.
You saw how much the farmers were happy when I removed the mice from their house the other day.
You saw it, right?
So, I am busy.
Go away.”

The puppy dog went to the horse.
(3) The horse would say:
“Oh, I want to carry them when they need to travel!
So I am going to exercise today so that my body will be strong for them.”

(3) Then the little puppy became really sad.

He was sad because no one wanted to have a party with them.
He was also sad because he thought something like this:
"Wow.
They are doing a lot for these farmers.
Well, I don’t do any of that stuff for farmers.

(3) Then the puppy dog came to the farmers and said:
“Well, they all have important things to do.
They want to produce something good for you.”

Then the puppy dog was like:
“Now I am feeling terrible because I don’t give you a thing.
I don’t give you milk.
I cannot give you a ride.
I cannot give you wools.
(3) Well I even sometimes make a mess.
I cannot help myself.”

Then the puppy was like:
“You must love them more than me.
In fact, I wonder why you would even have me in their house.”

(3) Then the farmers said:
“We love you not because you can produce something for us.
We love you, because we love you.
That is why we want to have a party with you.”

The farmers were like:
“So, we were happy when you came wagging your tail.
We hope other animals also want to spend time with us like you.”

“They may provide all those.
They may want to give us those.
But we also want to spend time with them, because we love them.”

“We love them not because they can do something for us.
We love them just because we love them.
So, we want to have a good time with them.
We hope that they love to spend time with us.”

God is like these farmers.
Jesus is like these farmers.
Jesus loves us just because he loves us.

(3) So, we don’t work in order to earn God’s love.
We work because we know God loves us.

(3) The most powerful God who can do all things, loves us and wants to spend time with us.
God who created this universe wants us to be with us.

(3) That is why God sent Jesus.
That is why Jesus came.
Jesus came to talk with us.
Jesus came to spend time with us.

Jesus also came to help us get to know God.
Jesus came to help us love God.
Jesus came to help us love people like God.

Then if we love God and spend time with God, Jesus can help us serve God and more productive.
If we love God, Jesus can help us to produce what God really wants.

So, let’s spend time with Jesus and get to know God.
More than anything, let’s welcome God into our hearts.
Then God will be very happy.
Right?

Let’s pray:
God, thank you for loving us.
May we love you just like you love us.
Help us to love you as much as you love us.
In Jesus name, we pray.
Amen.